Sunday, March 29, 2015

Bead Peeps Swap 'n' Hop








Ahhhh, well, you know me... always busy, always behind... I have once again vowed to not let my blog fall silent... and once again... it had for a while been silent.
Life in all it's glory seems to be in the way.
My Bead Peeps Swap n Hop partner, Alicia Marinache, sent me a beautiful assortment of beads to work with, such pretty items. A couple of the colors are not what I would ever buy for myself, but they are so beautiful!  She sent a set of metal components that she etched herself...
 I am so in love with these earring and pendant components!!! They are so beautiful!!! I love the deep etching, and I love the pattern she cut out! I can't wait to make something with them!! I have several different things in mind, I don't know if I can decide! Whatever I make it can't help but be beautiful because of the metal!!!

 The glass pendant is very nice, I love the colors in it, and that the Czech glass beads will compliment it, just the right colors... and how did she know I would have tons of turquoise beads to go with it?!!?

 The ceramic leaf is so wonderful! I always want to work with ceramics and haven't in years, so I always try to find ceramic pieces that are already done that I like, and this is something I would have picked out for myself!! It is just the perfect color of green that you can use any color with it and it will look wonderful! Just like in nature :)
The shell is from Myrtle Beach, and it is one of those things that I really like, I love the sand and sea and love working with natural shells. I love that it is worn and smooth! We pick up shells anytime we are around water! My son finds the snail shells and fossil shells sometimes here in the yard, which is cool! I love that we live by the water... without the water!!! I nearly forgot to add this photo of the sea stuff! This is where we were so similar in what we sent!!!! Man... I never buy stuff like this for myself, and I don't know why, I love purple, and I love polymer! I was so excited when I opened the package and found such lovelies!!

I am so excited to know Alicia, she and I have boys that are about the same age... not too far apart at least. Her son just turned 12 and my son will turn 13 this Summer, so not too far apart. Her son sent my son a surprise and that was so sweet!!


Sadly... my package to her has not arrived yet. It got through customs but the post office couldn't deliver it due to a "Wrong Address" which isn't the wrong address... I sent her the forms and she confirms that it is the correct address... so... bless her heart, she's going to have to do some hunting... hopefully it won't come back to me :( She said that she will go round to the post office and sort it out!

So, I can't post a picture of what I sent yet... but I can show you what she sent to me!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thank you - I just managed to get my post up as well. I am so glad you like what I sent you ~ and I've been working with your beautiful treasure. Love it! I only wish there were more hours in the day, I can't even imagine using a quarter of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'm glad to hear from you!